Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Daily Sketch #114

Something New on The Blog

You may notice something new on the blog today. In the right column (scroll down) you will see some Google ads. I've decided to see if my free sketches can generate a little extra income for me (why not, right?). So if you enjoy the free sketches and drop by the blog on a regular basis, you can support me by clicking on a link from one of the ads. I've decided to go with the least intrusive option by utilizing the text only ads and only ads the relate to the content of my blog. Any and all clicks are appreciated.

I'm also toying with the idea of making some of the original sketches available for sale but haven't quite thought that one through. If that comes to fruition, you folks will be the first to know.

Today's sketch is David and Steve having a conversation over a cup of coffee (a complete panel from the current page). Quick observation - there are no good coffee joints in Central Virginia or North Carolina. It seems to be the last area in the country that Starbucks hasn't penetrated with the ridiculous saturation that is omni-present in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast. I can't remember the last time I had to LOOK for Starbucks. In Durham, NC the only one I saw was in a Barnes and Noble. There's not even a Dunkin Donuts off the highway. Just gas stations and fast food. With Maxwell House (or something equally dreadful).

Also, I watched Ghost Rider yesterday. My mistake. It's every bit as bad as you've heard. Worse in fact. I would go so far as to say that Mark Steven Johnson should never be allowed to make movies again. He's done Daredevil, Elektra, and Ghost Rider. Three strikes and you are out my friend.

No comments: