Friday, February 15, 2008

Daily Sketch #173

Valentine's Day 2008 - Success!

First the sketch of the day, another panel in progress from "Dead Inspector".


Secondly, Operation: Valentine's Day 2008 was officially a raging success. D and I had lunch at Morimoto's (as in Iron Chef Morimoto) which I can only describe as sublime. The meal truly was exquisite and easily the best Japanese food I've ever put in my mouth. We had dinner at Bar Americain, one of Bobby Flay's restaurants (as in Iron Chef too!) with D's parents. It was my little surprise for D to give her another chance to see her parents before we leave for California. The food was good, but in yesterday's Iron Chef showdown - Morimoto truimphed. The night capped off with tickets to go see "Rent" on Broadway, our favorite musical. Neither of us had seen it live and we loved it. It really was a fantastic experience and a magical day.

No comments: