Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Daily Sketch #143

So This is The New Year

I'm kicking off the New Year with a sketch of Alec King, from the Forever Man which should hopefully play a big role in 2008 for me (and my partners John and Thomas). We'll see if later blog posts in the year make this prediction true...

My story in Black Diamond #6 entitled "The Curse" should be in stores this week, so make sure you swing by and check it out. A special thanks for Larry Young for giving me the chance to write and draw my own story for publication and to Nick Senior for helping me out with some awesome colors.

New Year's Eve was good times as D and I engaged in my yearly tradition of ringing in the New Year with a group of my college friends. We've been having a party with rotating hosts for going on eight or nine years now. They went from wild college drinkfests in the old days to much more subdued get togethers. Everyone contributes food, we do a hilarious Secret Santa exchange, and we've graduated from beer and shots to wine for the most part. Although jello shots still make it into the picture every year. I also drank a bit too much champagne and rocked out hard on Guitar Hero. My favorite gift this year was this bizarre gag gift from my friend, Stacy. I can't believe a publisher actually put this out.

One day I hope to have a moustache as manly as Tom Selleck's.

No comments: