Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Daily Sketch #99

One More Too Go!

I'm one away from 100 sketches on this blog. It's a pretty cool feeling.


This one is a character design for a new character entering my Dead Inspector pages currently, Captain Miller. JC didn't give me a character profile or description so I just started tossing around ideas. This is a kind of typical supervising police officer looking guy, but instead of making him balding and/or overweight I tried to make him more of a rugged Tom Selleck archtype. Gotta love some Tom Selleck. He's a man's man.

Heroes is starting to pick up. The first few episodes were a bit uneven, but I'm found last night that they are beginning to pick up the pace and weave elements of the story together more. They even managed to find a way to make the Latino brother and sister interesting by adding Sylar to the mix. That guy is going to be awesome as Spock in the new Star Trek movie.

Also started watching Traveler last night, which was a cancelled show from the summer. D and I tivoed the whole thing (anticipating a cancellation and not wanting to be left with another unfullfilled story) and we heard they'd finished off the storyline so we thought we'd give it a shot. So far two episodes in and the set up is pretty darn good. Drop a comment if you watched the series and have thoughts on it.

No comments: