Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Daily Sketch #210

The Goon

One of my favorite comics on the market now is "The Goon" by Eric Powell. I think it's a truly unique voice in the world of comics these days, combining horror, humor, and elements of classic cartooning. In short it rocks. When I was at Diamond I was proud to be one of the first guys to champion the series when Eric was self-publishing through Albatross Exploding Press. Anyway, I think "The Goon" is well worth your time to check out. Here's a sketch inspired by issue #25 which I recently got around to reading.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice!
I've actually read an issue of the Goon and also found it funny and entertaining in its own unique way. Cool to hear you were there from the inception.

Was practising long form 4 at the office yesterday - Getting better! :D

Joel