Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Blog Sketch #217

I Go For Mine, I Gots To Shine

I ran in the Nike Human Race 10K in Los Angeles this weekend and had a blast. It was the final leg of the largest worldwide running event in history and over 12,000 people showed up. It was incredibly crowded, but very cool to be part of something that large. At the end of the race, Kanye West and Common performed a free one hour concert. Kanye's stage presence and craft in his performance was impressive. He's not necessarily the best hip hop artist or musician but he definitely knows how to sell a show. I was blown away and had a fantastic time. Here's a little sketch to commemorate the memory.

2 comments:

technogreek said...

Kanye is a helluva performer. I just bought tix for the Common/NERD show later this month here in Seattle. I've seen NERD (they opened for Kanye during the Glow in the Dark tour) but I've never seen Common live, should be a great show...

Anonymous said...

Cool Man! I like how the got the left hand patting on his own Chest! Really makes the shot! Kudos on the run too!

Joel